- Cross-browser: a site functions correctly in all current browsers, including Internet Explorer 8+;
- Cross-platform: a site functions correctly on iPhone/iPad;
- Validity: HTML code is checked by the W3C validation service;
- Semantics: HTML tags are used for the intended purpose; classes/ID have names in one standard; HTML code is convenient for search engine indexing;
- СStandardization: we use Google styles for HTML/CSS;
- Option to create a responsive template (reconfiguration depending on screen width) for comfortable use on mobile devices;
- Use of Twitter Bootstrap/Foundation (a template without frameworks can be made if necessary);
- Beautiful, clear, structured HTML/CSS code (+comments);
- Use of CSS preprocessors such as LESS to increase development speed and code flexibility.
- Semantic publishing checked by the W3C validation service;
- Human-understandable URLsL;
- Presence of meta keywords, meta description, title and other necessary meta tags on all pages;
- Presence of canonical tags on all pages;
- Introduction of Open Graph, Twitter Cards and meta tags, if necessary;
- Presence of 301 Redirect for www and non-www applications;
- Ability to turn maintenance mode on during an application update (?);
- Presence of robots.txt file;
- Presence of XML site map;
- SEO-friendly word separator in URL;
- Correct URL hierarchy;
- Google Analytics is activated;
- Google Web Master is activated;
- Introduction of Google Analytics Events and other analytics capabilities, if necessary;
- Favicon presence;
- Presence of page 404;
- Proper use of HTTP statuses for redirects, maintenance mode, and errors;
- Correct DOCTYPE;
- HTML code is checked by an online SEO validator (we use SEO SiteCheckup by default).
- Use of the GIT version control system;
- Use of OOP (object-oriented programming);
- Recording: code includes explanatory comments, and applications have a README/Wiki with a general description of the project and installation instructions;
- If necessary, Unit/functional/e2e tests are written;
- The whole project is made in one code style according to general standards;
- Use of the latest stable framework versions;
- Minimal changes in the core of the used CMS/Frameworks/Libraries;
- Use of patterns: HMVC, Singleton, Factory, UnitOfWork...;
- During team collaboration, we use Code Review to improve the quality of the code, maintain the general style and inform the team about the project’s status;
- If necessary, we use test-drive development with Continuous Integration instruments, such as Jenkins.
- Cross-site scripting protection;
- SQL injection protection;
- Authentication and session management errors are eliminated;
- Unsafe direct links to objects are eliminated;
- Cross-site request forgery protection;
- Safe environment configuration;
- Unauthorized access to resources by URL is eliminated;
- Possibility to download malicious files is eliminated;
- Use of SSL connection (optional);
- Monitoring system hookup (optional);
- Use of CAPTCHA for forms.
- Configuration of server optimal performance;
- No resource-consuming or incorrect SQL queries;
- Setting of cache system on a server (optional);
- Combining of JS scripts;
- Asynchronous download of JS analytics scripts and other side services;
- Compression of CSS and JS files;
- Use of optimized page graphics and images;
- Combination of small images into sprites to increase their loading speed and suitability for browser caching;
- Use of CDN (optional);
- Lazy-loading setting for pages with many images (optional).
- Session mechanism adjustment for horizontal scaling;
- Automated application installation setting from several servers (using Capistrano/Capifony);
- FileStorage setting for horizontal scaling;
- Elastic Load Balancer setting to distribute loads across several servers;
- Database replication for distribution of master-slave instances;
- Quick reinstallation of an application in case of a change in hosting provider;
- Architecture description for future modifications.
- Modular code structure, which allows addition/deletion/change of application functions;
- Automated tests that allow checking an application after changes are applied (optional);
- Documented code;
- Standard code, so new developers can join a team quickly;
- Task manager that allows restoration of history by revisions;
- Version control system that allows checking an application version before it is implemented;
- Test server that allows testing of changes before implementation.
- Access to a project on our test server with updates every two weeks;
- Access to code and all project documentation during development using GIT;
- Free project installation and setting up on hosting (Amazon AWS, Dedicated Servers, Rackspace...);
- Automated server check for compliance with the project requirements;
- Installation and setup of the performance monitoring system New Relic;
- Development of iOS/Android application (optional);
- One month of technical support for free.
At the client’s request, a non-disclosure agreement can be signed preliminarily.
Download a sample
Introduction and preliminary evaluation
The first step is introduction and preparation of the project’s concept, after which we give you a preliminary time and budget estimation.
We specify the business processes and functionality of your project. We make a site map, meaning we define which pages are in your project and their functionality.
After the specification is approved, we make a page structure and specify the functionality of pages in detail.
Download a sample
Database structure development to show connections between objects. Download a sample
Choice of technology
A sound choice of up-to-date development technologies is Symfony2, Node.js, Python, MySQL/NoSQL, AngularJS/Backbone.js, and TwitterBootstrap/Foundation.
Conclusion of a contract and an advance payment.
Brand and logo creation; site design.
First, we make a set of logos, from which the best is chosen.
Download a sample of a logo set
Then we make two different home page designs, from which you choose an appropriate one.
Download a sample of two designs
Then we create a set of standard and specific pages.
Professional Web application development with weekly reports, so at any time you can see which tasks are currently being performed, and check what is done and how much time we have until completion of the current stage. At any time, you can access the developed code via the code version control system (GIT) to your test server and access all project documentation.
All tasks will be divided into stages, and you can track progress via GIT on codebasehq.com.
Launch and maintenance
Transition from a test server to your own, availability and performance monitoring setting, effectiveness analysis setting, and maintenance of the project.
Our target audience is IT startups and medium- and large-sized companies.
What we offer is not only your project development from A to Z, but hiring remote employees as well. If you need a professional developer or a team of developers able to work for you, we are happy to offer our services to you.
Benefits of working with us:
- Highly professional skills and experience in development and maintenance of large projects;
- You pay for the time worked only, so there are no extra costs for an office, paid leave, payroll taxes – all this is on us;
- Flexible personnel selection according to the skills and knowledge necessary for the development of your project.